You are peacefully working on your computer and suddenly see the Warning message popup saying that the critical process died. What will you do? What will be your course of action? Many people are using Windows computer and suddenly seeing the critical process died windows 10 error on their screen. There are many ways to fix an issue like this, but most ignorant people choose to ignore such problems. But, you are not the ignorant and want to fix Windows critical process died error on your computer permanently.
There are multiple reasons and multiple methods to fix an annoying issue like this which may interrupt your productive tasks at home or office. So, it’s better to know these various reasons and learn multiple to fix windows critical process died problem and that too within 5 minutes. In this post, we are going to share some of the best critical died windows seven solutions for all those who are facing this problem.
What is the Critical Process Died Error in Windows 7 / 10?
When a Critical system process or service in Windows Computer abruptly stops, this error message pops up on your screen. It’s a Blue Screen of Death error, which makes your computer show you the Blue screen with the error message and error code 0x000000EF. There are a bunch of super essential system processes running on your computer, which helps the system to stay stable and you can use the computer without any issues. But, any of these processes abruptly stopped by any of the internal or external problems, then you are going to see the Blue Screen of Death, and critical process died windows 10 error.
How to Fix Windows 10 Critical Process died Error?
As I said earlier, there are multiple methods to fix this issue permanently. Different from the traditional way of restarting the computer, but working methods that’ll fix this issue for good. Here are some of the best and working methods that work to fix the constant critical process died BSOD error.
Method 1: Use System File Checker
The System File Checker is the ultimate tool which finds and fixes the internal software issues. If there are any Operating System bugs present in the system or the core files are corrupted, then the System File Checker tool automatically replaces those files for you. Here are the steps that’ll guide you how to use SFC command.
- First of all, open the Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges. If you are on Windows 10 computer, then Press “Windows key + X” key combination on your keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- If you are on Windows 7, then go to Start Menu, search for CMD, right-click on the Command Prompt and select “Run As Administrator”.
- Now, you have to type following command in the Command Prompt and press ENTER.
- The process will take some time to complete. After completion, restart your computer and you’ll not see BSOD error popping on your screen.
Method 2: Uninstall latest Security updates
The Windows Updates are meant to provide the Bug fixes and security patches. But sometimes, these updates may mess up with the system hardware, resulting in the shutdown of the Critical process. Well, if you uninstall the recently installed Security update, then you may fix the problem.
- First of all, open the “Control Panel” from the Start Menu.
- In the Control Panel, go to “System and Security >> Windows Updates”. If you are on Windows 10, then the Path is “Settings >> Updates and Security >> Windows Updates”.
- In the Updates, click on “Update History” to check the Recently Installed Updates in your computer. Click on “Uninstall Updates” to proceed.
- Now, scroll through the list and find any “Security update” installed in the computer. Find the update which you’ve recently installed and Uninstall it immediately.
If the issue was caused by this problematic updates, then it will not appear again on your computer.
Do Also Read: Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage
Method 3: Scan Your Whole PC for Virus and Malware
Aah! The Virus and Malware programs are the ones causing the Critical Process Died Windows 7 problem. The best way to get rid of this issue is a complete scan of your computer with powerful Antivirus and Antimalware programs. Your PC comes with the Windows Defender Antivirus and Antimalware program, but it’d be great if you can purchase a premium copy of popular Antivirus software programs.
With such programs, you should scan your entire hard disk for Virus and Malware programs that may be interfering with the System Processes, resulting in Windows 10 critical process died BSOD error. Scan all of the connected hard Drives and the Created Disk Partitions and remove all of the threats.
Admin it. The Critical process Died Windows 7, and Windows 10 error is one of the most annoying errors you’ve ever seen. You are doing your work, and immediately you see the Blue Screen of death with the error message Critical Process died. But that’s not the case anymore after you’ve followed the methods mentioned above.
The methods that we’ve mentioned above are working correctly to fix this problem in Windows. After following these methods, you will not see that error again on your computer screen. I hope these step-by-step guide helped you to fix the problem with your computer. If you have any issues or doubts, please comment on this post so we can help you.