The Discord Mic Not Working is one of the most irritating errors for the users. You can hear what other people are saying in the channel but discord not detecting mic and voice will make your voice unreachable in the channel. When you are gaming with Discord and your mic not working in such situations, then you’ll face some significant issues while gaming.
The Discord is one of the most famous voice chatting app made especially for gamers and the topic-based communities. On the Discord, the users can create or join the channels related to specific topics and then voice chat with fellow members on the subject. The Discord came in the market to replace the Skype and TeamSpeak, which were famous amongst the gamer community.
The Discord Mic not Working error is not a rare error and the standard error faced by most of the users. If discord mic not working issue pops up while you are playing a multiplayer game like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or Dota 2, then you are doomed.
As I faced the same issue while playing CS: Go Multiplayer mode, I found the solutions to fix discord mic not working immediately. If you are facing the same problem, then I am mentioned some working methods, that’ll help you fix Discord Mic not working error in Windows App and Web App.
Fix: Discord Mic Not Working Problem
Before proceeding to follow working methods, you should double-check that your microphone is working correctly. If there are some hardware issues with your receiver, then the below-mentioned methods will not work at all. If you have a secondary headphone mic, connect it to the computer and see if discord is not picking up mic. Also, connect the same microphone to another computer and see if the issue is with the Microphone port on your motherboard. If it’s not picking mic, then you should follow these methods otherwise change the headphone, and you are ready to roll.
Method 1: Logout From your Discord Application
Logging out of the Discord app is the temporary solution to fix discord not picking up voice. Logging out of the Discord will delete the temporary cache files, which may be the reason behind the issue. When you are playing a game with your friends, and suddenly they stop hearing from you because mic stopped working, then you can follow this method for temporary relief.
- To log out of the Discord App, click on the “User Settings” wrench icon on the bottom-left corner.
- Now, select “Log Out” option to log out of the Discord app from PC. After successfully logging out, Log in again and see if your Mic is working or not.
If you are not using the Windows app on your computer and access Discord Web app for chatting, then you should follow these steps.
- First of all, open the Discord website in your preferred web browser. Now, on the Bottom right corner, you’ll see “User Settings” wrench icon.
- Click on the User Settings icon and select “Log Out” option.
- After successful logout, Login Again and see if the Discord Picking Voice from Mic or not.
If this methods for both web app and software program won’t work for you, then proceed to other methods mentioned below.
Method 2: Adjust Audio Input Sensitivity Settings
The Audio Input Sensitivity settings allow you to change the way discord picks up your voice from the mic. If you play a little bit with these settings, then you can fix the Discord voice not working issue within minutes and that too permanently.
- First of all, open the Discord app and click on the “User Settings” wrench icon.
- On the left side, you’ll see a bunch of different settings. Click on “Voice & Video” from that list.
- In the Voice and Video settings, scroll down and find “Input Sensitivity” section, and toggle off the “Automatically determine input sensitivity” option.
- After toggling off, you’ll see the Slider bar to adjust input sensitivity. Adjust the bar and bring it somewhere in the middle. Make sure it’s in middle position.
After tweaking up in these settings, plug in your microphone and try to speak in it. The slider will start pulsating after catching your voice. This means the Discord is catching your voice and you are now ready to talk with your friends in the discard channel.
Method 3: Change Input Device in Discord App
The input device is the microphone that you’ll be used for chatting with your friends. Usually, the Discord automatically detects the connected microphone. Also, the discord can differentiate between multiple connected and active microphone devices and you are asked to configure the default microphone for chatting with friends. But if you are facing the Discord not picking up voice, then you should Change the Input device in discord, so that the app will specifically recognize your microphone.
- First of all, open the Discord app on your computer and open the “User Settings” from the bottom-right corner.
- In the user settings, click on the “Voice and Video” menu to open the Voice settings.
- In the Voice and Video settings, you’ll see multiple options to tweak. Click on the Drop-Down menu of Input Devices and select your connected microphone. The microphone will only show up in the list when connected to the device.
- After selecting your microphone as the input device, max out the slider bar of input sensitivity.
- In the last, restart the Discord app, and you are done with this method.
Method 4: Run Discord as Administrator
If you are using the Discord app on the computer, then giving it the Administrative privileges is the best way to fix this issue.
- First of all, close the Discord app entirely and go to the desktop.
- Right-click on the “Discord” app icon and select “Run As Administrator”.
- When asked for confirmation of Administrator Access, click on “Yes”.
- The Discord will now have the Administrative privileges. Disconnect the Headphone with Microphone from your computer and reconnect it.
So, these are some of the best methods that’ll help you to fix Discord Mic not picking up. When you are playing the multiplayer game on the PC with Discord running in the background and then suddenly you realized Discord not picking up the mic, then you are screwed. But before proceeding with the mentioned methods, you are advised to check the same issue with the second pair of headphone with mic. as these methods won’t work at all if the Microphone is defective or the Microphone port on your computer is defective.
It’s better to fix this issue permanently, but the temporary solutions like Logging out gives you temporary relief, but not the permanent one. You may face the issue again after following the first method, but temporary solution is always better when you have no time to fix the issue permanently. So, follow the other methods that provide your permanent settlements, and you’ll never face this problem again.