The Valid Gateway IP is the key to access the Interface. Usually, the Network Interface Card installed in your computer assigns a Dynamic IP address received from the ISP so that you won’t have to enter the IP address to gain internet access manually. But, when the DHCP, which is the critical service won’t get the original Gateway IP or the Dynamic IP from the interface card or the Router. Well, this is the Network specific error and one of the most annoying errors. Which shows Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration message on your screen.
Although, Ethernet Doesn’t have a Valid IP configuration error message does not mean that your internet is permanently dead. You can fix this issue within few minutes by following the methods that are proven to work in such problems. In this post, we are going to share some of the best methods to fix Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Windows 10 error.
Permanent Fix for Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP configuration Error.
There are multiple methods to fix this problem permanently within few minutes. Here, I am sharing the best working method first and the remaining methods after that. So, make sure you follow these methods correctly to solve windows 10 ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration error.
Method 1: Check / Change Network Adaptor Settings
The Network Adaptor is the main component which sends and receives the data from Internet Service provider. If any setting in the Network Adaptor is changed, then you may face this similar issue while browsing the internet. Here are the steps to guide you on how to check and adjust the Network Adaptor Settings to fix this problem permanently.
- First of all, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows Key + R Key” combination on your keyboard.
- In the RUN window, type “ncpa.cpl” without quotes and press ENTER.
- Now, you’ll see all of the Network Connections you ’ve connected to. Right-click on the current Network connection and click on “Properties.”
- In the Network Connection Properties, select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click on “Properties.”
- Now, you’ll see the properties of IPv4. In the Properties, check if the “Obtain an IP Address Automatically” and “Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically” options are checked or not. If they are not, then you should select them and click on “OK” to save the changes.
- Finally, restart your computer to let the changes take effect.
Method 2: Disable and Enable the Network Interface
The universal method of fixing any issue is to Restart the device or service. Well, that’s what we are doing in this method. We are going to Disable and Enable the Network Interface that you are connecting to fix this problem.
- First of all, open RUN window by pressing “Windows + R” key combination on keyboard and type “ncpa.cpl” and press ENTER.
- In the Network Connections Window, find the connected Network Interface, which should be named as “Ethernet” or the “Wi-Fi.”
- Right-click on the Network Interface and click “Disable.” It will take some time to Disable the Network Interface.
- After it’s disabled, wait for few seconds and again Right-Click on the Disabled Network Connection and click “Enable.”
- Wait for sometime to let Network Interface Enable properly. Then, you’ll see that you are successfully connected to the Internet and ready to surf the web.
This method may work in the majority of the computers. If the first method is not working for you, then you should try this method. Disabling and Enabling the Network Interface will reset the DHCP service and the Interface will get the Gateway IP and Dynamic IP configuration.
Also Read: Fix: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Permanently
Method 3: Reset Network with Command Prompt
The Command Prompt is one of the most powerful tools with tons of command to fix almost any problem within a second. Many people underestimate the power of this tool, and we are going to use the same for fixing Ethernet Doesn’t have a Valid IP configuration in Windows 10 error.
- First of all, Open the Start Menu and search for “cmd.” Right-click on the Command Prompt icon in results and click “Run as Administrator.”
- In the Command Prompt, enter the following commands one by one and Press ENTER after pasting each command.
- These Commands will reset the Network Interface, and you’ll be able to connect to the Internet.
After entering these two commands, restart the Computer and then see if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 4: Uninstall Ethernet Drivers
This is the last resort for you if any of the methods mentioned above are not working for you. Here are the exact steps to Uninstall the Ethernet Drivers to fix this issue permanently.
- First of all, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows Key + R” Key combination on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” and press ENTER.
- This will open the Device Manager. In the list of all of the connected devices, find your Ethernet controller driver. Mostly, it’s named as “ PCIe FE Family Controller.”
- Right click on the Ethernet Controller and click “Uninstall.” This will show you the Warning message. Click OK to complete the Uninstall process of drivers.
- Now, click on “Action >> Scan for Hardware Changes” in the Device Manager to allow computer search for connected Network Interface Card and reinstall the latest drivers.
Well, the Windows 10 Ethernet Doesn’t have a Valid IP Configuration is a most annoying error. The access to the Internet is denied when you see this error. It’s very disappointing for those who spend most of their time surfing the web.
Fortunately, you can follow the methods as mentioned earlier to fix Ethernet Doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Windows 10 error within few minutes. These methods are great to fix this issue permanently and give you the best web browsing experience without any problems. If you have any doubts following these methods, please comment below so that we can help you solve the issue.