The Microsoft added the customized Antivirus program from the Windows users from the Windows Vista operating system. From that time, all of the Windows operating systems are having the Windows Defender Antivirus and Antimalware program. Well, many people are using the third-party Antivirus program and want to know how to turn off windows defender.
I am not saying that The Windows Defender is not an efficient antivirus program, but there are too many good programs that the Windows Defender. THat’s why permanently disable Windows Defender on Windows is the only option for most of the Windows users. But, there is no Uninstall or Disable option in Windows 10 so how to turn off windows defender?
That’s why we are here! In this post, we are going to share the best methods that’ll help you to Permanently Disable Windows Defender on Windows Operating System.
Why Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10?
Just like any other Antivirus program, the Windows Defender consume lots of memory resources. That’s why most of the other programs run slowly, and that’s annoying. Here are some of the reasons which will help you decide to turn off windows defender on Windows 10.
- The Windows Defender conflicts with the other Antivirus programs installed in your computer. Sometimes, the Windows Defender is not able to detect the virus faster than Other Antivirus Software programs. So, removing the software is a right decision.
- If the Windows Defender program is running in the background and scanning your computer for virus and malware programs, then you may see your PC is slowed down. The Data transfer speed becomes extremely slow because the Defender is using the drive to scan.
- If you are on the Low-End computer, then permanently turn off windows defender windows 10 is the best option for you. With the amount of system resources it uses, you’ll not be able to use your PC correctly.
How to Turn off Windows Defender on Windows 10?
There are many methods by which you can permanently disable Windows Defender Antivirus program to make way for another antivirus program. Here are some techniques that’ll help you to disable windows defender windows 10 within a few minutes.
Method 1: Disable from Group Policy
To Disable the Windows Defender from Group Policy client. Here are the steps that’ll guide you to do so.
- Open the Start Menu and type “gpedit.msc” and press ENTER.
- Now, provide asked administrative privileges, and you’ll see Group Policy Editor window on your desktop.
- Navigate to “ Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender”.
- Now, you’ll see the Group Policy named “Turn off Windows Defender”. Double-click on it to open.
- Set the Status to “Enabled” and click OK to save the settings.
That’s it! The Windows Defender is permanently turned off for you. Now you’ll not see Windows Defender Windows 10 popping up and scanning irrelevant file to mark it as virus program.
Do Read: Laptop Keyboard Not Working Guide
Method 2: Turn off Windows Defender Windows 10 from Registry Editor
The Registry Editor is one of the best tools provided by Microsoft. With the Registry Editor, you can modify your system and disable windows defender windows 10 within minutes. Here are the steps to do so.
- First of all, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows Key + R” key combination. Then type “regedit” and press ENTER.
- Now, you’ll see the Registry Editor Window on screen. Navigate to the Following path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender”.
- In the Windows Defender folder, find “DisableAntiSpyware” registry and change it’s value to “1”.
- If you are not able to find it, then create a new DWORD (32 – Bit) value.
- Name the DWORD as “DisableAntiSpyware” and put the value as “1” and press ENTER.
- Now, restart your computer to let Windows take notice of these changes, and you’ll not see Windows Defender running in the background.
So, this is how to Turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10. If you are willing to Turn on Windows Defender Windows 10, then undo all the changes you’ve done through these steps. I hope you found these methods helpful and learned how to disable windows defender within minutes. Follow these methods and also tell other how to disable windows defender permanently to save system resources.