No one knows when Windows will show the Blue screen of death error with the message kmode exception not handled. The Windows is one of the best-operating systems, but at the same time, it’s weird and some little complication forces you to see the BSOD, a.k.a., Blue Screen of Death. The Blue Screen of Death is pretty typical for Windows Desktop users than the laptop users. There are many error messages like the Kmode exception not handled windows 10 appearing with the BSOD.
In this post, we are going to help you fix this Stop code Kmode exception not handled error within few minutes. As this is the annoying error that pops up once in a while, you should take immediate steps to fix this problem permanently, or you’ll lose your unsaved work in a snap of a finger. In this post, you’ll find some working methods to permanently fix kmode exception not handled BSOD error within a few minutes.
What is Kmode Exception Not handled Error in Windows 10?
The Windows 10 operating system looks simple to use, but the background services and the process are very complicated. In the background, Windows Operating System uses two modes to operate correctly. The First one is the”User Mode,” which is used by most of the third-party installed applications to run and the “Kernel Mode” which is used by the entire operating system and the background services to make use of the connected hardware correctly. Basically the access we have in our Windows is User access where we can do limited thing as we don’t have rights to use Kernel Mode in windows but in Linux we can use Kernel Mode as it is a an open source operating system.
When the Windows is just about to Boot up, the Operating System uses the Kernel Mode. When the OS is booting in Kernel Mode, it creates the Virtual Memory to boot without any issues. But, if the Virtual Memory is overwritten somehow, then you’ll face the KMode Exception Not Handled Error.
How to Fix Windows 10 Kmode Exception Not Handled BSOD error?
Having issues with the Kernel in Windows is not a good sign. As soon as you encounter this error, you should immediately follow the solutions shared in this post to get rid of this problem. Here are some of the best methods, that’ll provide you with the fixes to permanently resolve this annoying Blue Screen of Death Error. Just follow all of the mentioned methods, and you have addressed this issue within a few minutes.
Method 1: Use System File Checker ( SFC) tool
The Windows has added the really useful tool named the System File Checker. This tool checks the important system files and then replaces the corrupted files automatically to fix this issue. We are going to use the same tool to fix this BSOD issue. Here are the steps to use the SFC tool.
- First of all, open the Command Prompt with Administrator privileges. To do that, Press “Windows Key + X” button combination on Keyboard and select “Command Prompt(Admin)”.
- In the Command Prompt, type following command and Press ENTER.
- The System File Checker will run and check for all of the system files. It’ll take a few moments to complete the scan. After completion, you’ll see the “SFC scan completed” message.
- After that, just Reboot your computer and you’re ready to use the PC again without seeing Blue Screen of Death and Kmode Exception error.
Method 2: Update Windows Device Drivers
The outdated device drivers are known to mess up with the windows kernel, resulting in the BSOD error with Kmode exception message popping on the screen. That’s why we should update the outdated device drivers to fix kmode exception not handled windows 10 error. You should alway keep your Windows up to date because when you install new programs or softwares they all are compatible with the updated version Windows and if your Windows is not updated then those programs or software can malfunction with your OS and thus results will be on your screen such as BSOD Kmode Exception error.
- First of all, press “Windows Key + R” key combination on the keyboard to open the RUN dialogue box.
- In the RUN window, type “devmgmt.msc” without quotes and Press ENTER to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, find “Other Devices” drop-down menu and Right click on “Unknown Devices”. In the options, select “Update Driver Software” to start Driver updation process.
- In windows update, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.” and it’ll start searching for appropriate and latest drivers.
- The entire process will take few minutes to complete and that’s depended on your internet speed. Once completed, restart your computer and you are ready to roll.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows 10 Right Click Not Working Problem
Method 3: Turn OFF Fast Startup option
The Fast Startup option is intended for most of the laptop users. With the fast startup, the Windows quickly boots up after shutting it down or restarting. The Fast Startup neglects the unnecessary services and tries to boot the computer faster than usual. In this process, the issues may arrive with the Kernel Mode of Windows. So, turning off this option fixes this issue.
- First of all, open the “Control Panel” from the Start Menu. Then, click on “System and Security” and then “Power Options”.
- In the Power Options, click on “Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable”.
- Now, you’ll see the option “Turn on the Fast Start-up” already checked. Just uncheck the option and save the settings.
- Now, restart the computer to let these changes take effect and see if the BSOD error appears on screen or not.
That’s it! All of these three methods are the kmode exception not handled windows 10 fix, and you will not see that annoying error ever again on your computer. All of these methods are working and tried by many of the Windows users and fixed this issue permanently. If you are facing this error even after trying any of the mentioned methods, you should consult the computer technician as there may be some issues with your motherboard or reinstall the Windows OS..
So, I hope you have learned how to fix stop code kmode exception not handled in Windows 10. If you see that annoying error again while booting your beast computer, follow the steps and permanently fix this issue.