That laptops are the most sensitive computers, which may have some issues if not handled properly. The touchpad is not working and the laptop keyboard not working are the most common errors. Most of the times, the Toshiba Satellite laptops, and the Dell laptops face the issue of Laptop keyboard not working and it’s irritating, and you cannot do anything with your laptop keyboard.
If you have a Dell laptop or the Toshiba satellite, then you should find the methods shared in this post to fix keyboard on laptop not working at all error. Here are the working methods, that’ll help you fix the issue within minutes and make your laptop keyboard working.
How to Fix Laptop Keyboard Not Working Error
It’s the keyboard laptop stops working, and you have to rely on the secondary keyboard or the mouse only. Here are the methods to fix the keyboard on laptop unresponsive error.
Method 1: Scan for Hardware Changes
- First of all, you’ve to open the Device Manager. If you are on Windows 10, then you can do so by Right-clicking on the Start Menu and then click the “Device Manager” from the list.
- If you are on Windows 8.1 or older versions, then go to “Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>> Device Manager.”
- In the Device Manager, you’ll see the list of all installed devices. Scroll down and find “Keyboards.”
- Right-click on the “Keyboards” and click on “Scan for Hardware Changes.”
- The laptop will take few moments to Scan for Hardware changes. When the Laptop finds new keyboard connected to the computer, it’ll automatically start installing it.
- After installation completes, you’ll be able to use the laptop keyboard as its now in working condition.
This is the best and working solution for the Dell laptop keyboard not working error. As most of the Dell laptops have this issue, scanning for hardware changes will help you fix the problem.
Method 2: Update Keyboard Drivers
Sometimes, the issue is lying in the outdated drivers. So, the best way to fix this issue is to update the device drivers. Here is how you can do the quick driver update to fix Asus laptop keyboard not working error.
- First of all, open the device manager. To open the If you are on Windows 10, then you can do so by Right-clicking on the Start Menu and then click the “Device Manager” from the list. If you are on Windows 8.1 or older versions, then go to “Control Panel>>Hardware and Sound>> Device Manager.”
- In the Device Manager, go to “Keyboards.” Click on the Arrow to see all connected keyboard.
- On the shown Keyboard, right click and choose “Update Driver Software.”
- Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.”
- Now, the Windows will search the internet for updated driver software and install it immediately.
- Once it completes, restart the computer, and you are ready to use the laptop keyboard.
Do Read: 192.168.1.1 IP Login Guide
Method 3: Check Motherboard connection
This is the advanced step and not advised to follow if you do not know of it. This is the hardware related method, and you have to open the Laptop assembly to check if the Keyboard is correctly connected to the motherboard or not.
If you are experienced in handling the electronic equipment like Laptops, then you can go ahead and open up the Laptop assembly and double-check the Laptop keyboard connections. If you don’t know about handling the laptops, then you should depend on the Technician to do so on your behalf.
If your laptop is still covered under warranty, then opening the laptop assembly by yourself will void the warranty.
So, these are some of the best and working methods to fix keyboard not working on laptop error. If you have a Dell laptop or Asus laptop, then you can follow these methods to fix Toshiba satellite keyboard not working error too. Well, the methods and steps I’ve mentioned here will work on almost any laptop and will let you fix this annoying problem within few minutes.