The League of Legends is one of the legendary games, which changes the online gaming scenario completely. The League of Legends is one of the best online multiplayer games, which forced the gamers to think seriously about online massively multiplayer games. Well, you are ready for your first league of legends match of the day, and you start your computer. While starting the game, you notice that league of legends wont open. What could be the problem?
You are not the first one who faced the league of legends wont open issue in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 computers. Many people are playing the game on steam and faced the league won’t launch issue while preparing for an important match. If you are facing this problem on your computer and want a permanent solution to this problem, then you are in the right place. In this post, we are going to share some of the working methods to fix league won’t launch issue permanently.
How to Fix League of Legends Won’t Launch Error on Windows
There are multiple reasons why the League of Legends wont open on your Windows computer. Well, for all those reasons, we have a method ready, so you can follow the steps and fix the issue to play league of legends peacefully. Here are some of the best and working methods to fix this issue permanently.
Method 1: Modify Game Files
Modifying the Game files means that you have to edit the User.Cfg configuration file and also delete the LeagueClient.exe file. Here are the steps that’ll guide you to modify and delete these game files.
- First of all, go to the folder where you’ve installed the League of Legends in the Computer.
- In the League of Legends Installation folder, go to “RADS>> System >> User.cfg”. Double Click the User.cfg file and open it with the notepad.
- Change the “LeagueClientOption=Yes” to “LeagueClientOption=NO” and save the File by pressing “Ctrl+S” key combination on the keyboard.
- Now, Go to the Desktop and try Opening the League of Legends game by double-clicking the icon. The game will start soon.
- Once the game is started, go back to the League of Legends Installation Directory and Delete the file “LeagueClient.Exe.”
Now, your Game will start without any issues. If following this method is not helping you, then you should follow these additional steps.
- Go to the Installation Directory of the League of Legends game.
- Find “lol.launcher.exe” file and Run this file as Administrator.
These additional Steps will help you to start the game. If you are tired of locating the same file in the Installation directory, then make a Shortcut on Desktop for quick access.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the game
The complete uninstall of the game, and fresh install will help you fix the league won’t launch error on windows. If some of the game files are corrupted, then the clean install will help you a lot. Follow these Steps to Uninstall and Reinstall the game.
- First of all, open the Start Menu and then open the “Control Panel.”
- In the Control Panel, Click on “Uninstall a Program” option below “Programs” tab.
- Now, you have to find the “League of Legends” in the Programs tab and click on “Uninstall” button on the top to start the process of Uninstalling.
- After complete uninstall, go to the LoL official site and start downloading the game for a fresh install.
Method 3: Run League of Legends with Admin Privileges
The Administrator privileges provide the necessary permissions to the application so that it will run correctly on the computer. If the League of Legends wont open on your computer, then you should try running the game Admin Privileges. Here are the steps that’ll help you to fix this issue.
- First of all, open the Installation Directory of the LoL on your computer.
- Right-click on the “LoLLauncher.exe” file and click on “Run As Administrator” to run the game with Administrator Privileges.
- Now, you’ll see the game has been launched properly, and you can play it without any problem.
Do Read: Best Dreamcast Emulator of 2018
Method 4: Other Methods
There are many other methods by which you can fix the issues. Most of the times, the Server issues cause the league of legends not launching problem. Well, there is virtually no solution to this problem if the Server issues are the primary cause. When the servers come back online, then you’ll be able to play the game peacefully.
Also, when the Internet Connection is not working, then the game client refuses to launch, and you face the league client won’t open error. All you have to do is to fix the internet connection issues and relaunch the client. The league client will launch automatically if there is working internet connection.
These are some of the best methods that’ll help you fix the League of Legends wont open problem. If you follow any of the mentioned methods, then you’ll fix the league won’t launch error within few minutes. Multiple reasons cause league won’t launch error. So, follow the methods according to the suspected reason behind the error.
But, make sure you don’t have any Internet connection issues or hard drive storage problems, which will stop League of Legends from opening on your computer. If you are convinced that you have a working internet connection and sufficient Disk space, then follow these methods and fix the problem.