The Windows 10 is one of the best ever operating systems from the Windows. The operating system is elegant, fast and also works on almost every system configuration. But, there are some bugs and the problems that ruin user experience sometimes. The Microphone not working Windows 10 is one such issue, which annoys the hell out of Windows users. I’ve faced this problem in the past on Windows 10 and fortunately fixed it within a few minutes.
The Microphone not working might be the horrible experience for those who are in constant need of using the Microphone. For those people, fixing this problem should be the first priority. In this post, I am going to share some working ways to solve the Microphone not working windows 10 error within a few minutes.
Reasons Behind Microphone not Working Windows 10 Error
There are some common reasons behind the non-functional Microphone in Windows 10. The first reason is the Faulty Microphone. The hardware issue is the main reason behind most of these problems. Another reason is the corrupted audio drivers. The corrupted Audio Drivers causes the system not to recognize the connected microphone and thus to make your microphone nonfunctional in Windows.
How to Fix Windows 10 Mic Not Working issue Permanently?
Unless it’s a hardware issue, we are capable of fixing every problem in Windows. Here are some methods that I personally tested to fix the mic not working in Windows 10 error. Follow them correctly and fix this annoying problem that is coming between you and your work.
Method 1: Uninstall Audio Drivers
If the Drivers are having some problems, then you should uninstall the drivers. After uninstalling, the Windows will automatically install fresh device drivers, and your issue will be fixed.
- First of all, open the Device Manager. To open the same, Press “Windows key + X” key combination on the keyboard and then click on “Device Manager”.
- In the Device Manager, click on “Audio Inputs and Outputs” and then you’ll see all of the connected Headphones and Microphones.
- Right-click on the Microphone devices and click “Uninstall Device” to remove the drivers.
- After uninstalling, reconnect the Microphone device and let the fresh drivers install.
- Now you are ready to use the Microphone as this method may have fixed the Mic not working error.
Method 2: Turn ON the Microphone
In Windows 10, the Microphone is turned OFF by default for third-party apps. This feature prevents unwanted apps from accessing your Microphone secretly and record your voice. In this way, we are turning ON the Microphone for third-party apps to fix the problem.
- First of all, press “Windows key + I” key combination on the keyboard to open the Windows Settings.
- Now, click on the “Privacy” option to open the Privacy Settings.
- In the Privacy Settings, find the “Microphone” option from the left-pane.
- Now, click on the “Let Apps use My Microphone” option to Turn it ON. After turning ON, you can select the apps that will have the Microphone access.
- After configuring it properly, check if your Mic is working or not.
This method may not work for all. So, if this method is not working for you, then move on to another way.
Method 3: Check Microphone Settings
If the Default settings of the connected Mic are tweaked by the user, then the microphone not working error may arise. That’s why checking Microphone settings helps us to fix the problem permanently.
- First of all, open the Control Panel. Press “Windows key + X” key combination on the keyboard and click on “Control Panel” to open it.
- In the Control Panel, go to the “Sound” options by searching for it.
- Click on Recording Devices now.
- Now, change to the “Recording” tab in the Sound settings and you’ll see the connected Microphone.
- Right beside the connected Microphone, you’ll see the sound indicator. Speak something in your Microphone to see if the Sound Indicator moves or not. If it moves, then proceed further.
- Double-click on the Microphone to open the Settings. In the Settings, switch to “Enhancements” tab and click on “Disable All Sound Effects” and then press ENTER to save the settings.
Hopefully, this method will fix the problem with your Microphone permanently. If this method doesn’t work for you, then check if the Microphone is in operating condition or not.
The Content Creators like the YouTubers, Musicians and the Singers who make use of their Microphone a lot are facing the problems because of Microphone not working Windows 10 problem. I also suffered from this problem for a few days, but not after I figured out the solutions. I tried to explain every method that may help you to fix this annoying problem in your Windows 10 computer permanently. I hope you found these methods useful and will follow them to fix Microphone not working on Windows 10 computer error.