The BSOD or the Blue screen of Death error in windows is the most annoying error that makes your computer useless when appeared on the screen. In the BSOD error, the entire screen goes Blue with the Error message on the screen. Not just one, but many different error messages may appear on the Blue Screen of Death. One of the most known error is the page fault in nonpaged area error. When you see the BSOD with Page Fault in nonpaged area error on your screen, you should know that you’ve lost all the unsaved data on the computer and you have to restart the PC to fix this issue temporarily.
Mostly seen in Windows 10 computers, the page fault in nonpaged area windows 10 error is a very annoying issue as it renders your PC useless for few moments. If you are frequently experiencing this issue, then you should follow some tricky and working methods to fix this issue permanently. In this post, we are going to share some of the best ways to fix the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area windows 10 error within a few minutes.
What is Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error? Why does it Appear on Screen?
There are many reasons behind this error appearing in the Blue Screen of Death. The most common cause is the Power outage or immediate system shutdown. If you are not careful enough to manually shut down the system with “Shutdown” option in Windows or the sudden power outage makes your system to shutdown, then you may see this error next time you restart the computer.
Another reason might be the Faulty RAM. Having a faulty RAM will cause your system to perform worse, and you’ll see the Page_Fault_in_nonPaged_area windows 10 error on your screen.
How to Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10 Error?
There are multiple methods to fix this issue permanently. If you are annoyed by this error, then you should follow these methods and fix it permanently.
Method 1: Use Disk Check and Memory Check
- First of all, open the Command Prompt with Administrator access. To open that, open Start menu and Type “CMD”. Now, right click on the CMD and click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Allow the Administrator access and you’ll see the Command Prompt opened with Administrator Privileges.
- In the command prompt, type the following command and Press ENTER to start Disk Checker.
- Now, Press “Y” on the keyboard to allow the Disk Checking on Next System Restart. After pressing Y on keyboard, close the command prompt.
- After closing command prompt, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows key + R” key combination on the keyboard and type “mdsched.exe” and press ENTER.
- In the Memory Diagnostics Tool, click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” option and your PC will restart immediately to check for the memory problems.
- The Entire process will take more than 20 minutes to detect the issues so please be patient.
Method 2: Disable Automatic Paging file Size Management
The Automatic Paging File Size Management takes care of the file writing to your Random Access Memory. If there are some issues with the automatic paging file management, then we should disable it.
- First of all, press “Windows + E” key combination to open the Windows Explorer. In the Windows Explorer, right-click anywhere in the blank space and click on “Properties”.
- In the System Properties, find the “Advanced System Settings” to open the window.
- Now, switch to the “Advanced” tab and click on the “Settings” button below the “Performance” option.
- In the Performance settings, go to “Advanced” and click on “Change” button under Virtual memory settings.
- In the Settings, uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” tickbox and click “OK” to save the settings and Restart your computer.
Method 3: Change the RAM DIMMS
If any of the methods mentioned above are not working for you and you are still seeing the windows 10 page fault in nonpaged area, then you should check out the RAM DIMMs. If the Memory Diagnostics in the First method finds any problems with your Memory, then you should check and change the RAM modules. Until you change the RAM modules or reinsert them after proper cleaning, you won’t be able to fix this issue permanently. You should also read about how to Fix Critical Process Died in Windows 10 in order to solve this error.
So, this is how you can fix the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area windows 10 error within minutes. Although the last method won’t help you fix this issue within minutes, it will give you the idea of what to do next within minutes. After following these methods, you won’t see page_fault_in_nonpaged_area windows 10 error anymore. I hope you’ll follow these methods and the mentioned steps. Please comment below if you are facing issues while following these methods.