There is nothing like playing on the PlayStation consoles and enjoying the gaming experience to its core. I’ve done this when I was a kid and still enjoy playing the latest games on the PlayStation 4. The titles, graphics, performance and the PS4 controller are the things that make the PlayStation 4 unique in itself. When I was playing the game on my PS4 console, I had a weird question in my mind. Can I use the Ps4 controller on PC? Well, I did some digging on the internet, and that was the start. I was interested in knowing if we can connect and use the PS4 controller on our computer or not.
I found the ways and methods that helped me to connect and use the Ps4 controller on PC. The methods were simple and easy to follow. So, I decided to share those methods with you so you can learn how to connect ps4 controller to PC within a few minutes. So, here are the working methods and techniques, that’ll help you to use ps4 controller on PC and then play games of your likes with the controller.
How to Connect Ps4 Controller on PC for Intense Gaming?
Well, the Cross-platform compatibility is the main feature that attracts the PS4 users to the PC gaming. As they can use their favorite controller to play the game on PC, it’s a win-win situation for everyone. As there is a big community using the PS4 Controller PC for gaming, there are many methods to connect and use the controller on PC. In this post, we are sharing multiple working ways, that’ll help you to use ps4 controller on PC without any issue.
Method 1: Use Steam Support for PS4 Controllers
The Steam is one of the best online marketplaces for games. There are tons of games available on the steam for PC users to buy and play. Almost all of the games from Steam comes with the PS4 controller support. So, the Steam client comes with the PS4 support to let the users use the Steam services without touching the computer mouse. In this method, we are going to utilize the Steam Support for PS4 controllers.
- First of all, Connect your PS4 controller to PC with USB cable or the Bluetooth Adaptor. Make sure you have an Bluetooth adaptor installed on the computer if you are planning to connect it wirelessly to the Desktop.
- Then, Open the Steam client and log into your account. After logging in, click on the “Gamepad Icon” or “Big Picture Mode” icon on the Top right corner.
- After entering in the Big Picture Mode, click on the “Settings” button ( Wrench ) icon on the top-right corner.
- Now, click on the “Controller Settings” options from the Left side of Window.
- In the Controller Settings, click on the “PS4 Controller Support” checkbox. After enabling this option, steam will automatically detect your connected PS4 controller.
- Now, launch any game that you want to play. When you are into the game, press “PS” button on your controller to launch the Controller Configuration page.
- Click on “Controller Configuration” and configure the buttons according to your choice. After completion, Exit the page and you are ready to use the PS4 controller on PC.
Method 2: Use DS4Windows Software
The DS4Windows is one of the best software programs for the people who want to connect their Controllers on the PC. The DS4Windows takes care of the Key mapping and the Drivers for the PS4 Controllers. So, this program provides the ps4 controller driver and also the option to map the buttons to keys.
- First of all, Go on this link to download the DS4Windows and extract the files from the ZIP folder.
- In the extracted folder, find the “ DS4Windows.exe” and double-click to run it.
- Now, you’ll be asked to choose the Installation location. You have two options. I prefer to install it in the “Program Folder” by providing Administrative Access when asked.
- After that, click on “Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver” button to start the process of downloading and installation of drivers. Make sure you have an active internet connection.
- After downloading the drivers, Windows will ask you if you want to install the drivers. Click “Install” to allow the installation process.
- The “Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver” button will now show the “Install Complete” text after the completion. Click “Finish” to exit the DS4Windows.
- It’s time to connect the PS4 Controller to PC with the USB cable or the Bluetooth. After connecting, open the DS4Windows program.
- In the DS4Windows, you’ll see the list of all of the connected devices. If you see the connected PS4 Controller, then you are ready to use it as the default controller for playing your games.
Also Read: How to Use PS3 Controller on PC
Method 3: Use XBOX 360 Controller Drivers [ For Windows 7 and Below ]
All of the methods mentioned above are for the Windows 8 and Windows 10 based computers. But, if you are using a Windows 7 or lower computer, then these methods may not work for you. So, we need to use the default Microsoft XBOX 360 Controller drivers, which will work correctly for using the PS4 Controller.
- First of all, visit this link and download the XBOX 360 Controller Drivers on your computer.
- After downloading, double-click the downloaded file and complete the on-screen instructions to install the Drivers.
- You need to Restart your computer after the completion of the installation of Drivers.
- After that, connect and use ps4 controller on PC without any issues.
Well, many people love playing games with the Joystick or the Controller. I am one of them, and I regularly use the Ps4 controller on PC. In this post, I’ve explained every method that you can follow to connect ps4 controller to PC. Just follow the steps as we’ve shared the exact screenshots of what to do and where to click. Not to mention again, I’ve tried all of these methods and using the PS4 controller on PC to play my favorite games all day long. I hope you’ll follow the mentioned methods and use your PlayStation controller device on the Windows 7 / 8 / 10 computer without any issues.