The league of legends is one of the best online multiplayer games that people absolutely love to play. I am playing this game from the time it was released to the public. Well, the game is pretty exciting but has some issues when playing it on the different operating system. As it’s an old game, the latest Windows operating systems tends to have some problems running this game. The most common error is the pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working issue. For the newbie gamers, this is one annoying issue that is preventing them from playing the League of Legends.
If you are continually facing this issue on your computer, then you should take immediate steps to fix this problem. In this post, I am going to share some working methods that’ll help you permanently fix this pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working error within a few mouse clicks.
What is PvP.net Patcher Kernel has Stopped Working?
The PvP.net Patcher Kernel Stopped working is a weird issue faced by the League of Legends users. Apparently, the problem causes because of the internal game files. When the internal game files conflict with the League of Legends official launcher, the PVP kernel not responding error pops up on the screen. If we can fix the internal files conflict with the LoL launcher, then the issue will be fixed automatically. Also, there are some unknown reasons behind this issue. But worry not! We are sharing some working methods for fixing this problem within a few minutes.
How to Fix the PvP.net Patcher Kernel has Stopped Working error in Windows?
It’s not a rocket science to fix this problem as the minor problems won’t take so long. Well, if you are good at following the methods mentioned below, then you’ll fix this annoying problem within a few seconds.
Method 1: Run LoL Launcher as Administrator
- First of all, go on the Desktop and find the LoL Launcher Shortcut.
- Now, right-click on the Shortcut and select “Run As Administrator” to run the League of Legends Launcher with Administrative Privileges.
- Click “Yes” in User Account Control Window provide Administrative access.
The Administrative access will definitely help you to fix the PVP kernel not responding error. Most of the times, it works without any issues but sometimes it won’t work at all. If it does not work for you, then move on to another method.
Method 2: Close the Program from Task Manager
Sometimes, the League of Legends launcher will run in Background even after showing the Pvp kernel not responding error on your computer. So, closing the background program from Task Manager and manually launching it with the Administrative privilege may work for some users.
- First of all, press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” key combination on the keyboard to open the Task Manager Window. Otherwise, press “Windows +X “ Key combination and then click Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, switch to the “Processes” windows if you are not already on it.
- In the Processes, find the “Riot Client Patcher (32 Bit)” process. Right-click on the process and click on “End the Process” to terminate it completely.
- Now, launch the game again with Administrative access to see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 3: Delete Patch Files from Installation Directory
If any of these methods are not working for you, then removing the Patch files will definitely help you. These patch files might be the main culprit behind the pvp.net patcher kernel is not responding error in Windows.
- To delete the game Patch files open the Windows Explorer. Press “Windows key + E” key combination on the keyboard to open the Explorer.
- In the Explorer, navigate to the following path to open the League of Legends installation directory.
- In the League of Legends directory, double-click on “RADS” folder to open it and then navigate to the following path.
- In the Releases folder, delete the “S_OK” and “releasemanifest” files permanently.
- Now, double click and open the “Deploy” folder and then delete the “properties” – “META-INF”, “logs”, and “LoLClient.exe” files permanently.
- After deleting, restart the computer and launch the game to see if the issue is fixed or not.
You should also read How to fix league of legends wont open error in order to fix this issue
That’s it! You’ve fixed the Pvp.net Patcher Kernel has Stopped Working error on Windows that is coming between you and the League of Legends game. All of these methods are working correctly to fix the error permanently that too within a few minutes. Just follow these methods and get rid of this annoying problem on your computer with just a few clicks of the mouse. If you are facing problems while following any of these methods, feel free to drop the query in Comments.