The Internet Problems may cause a lot of problems in our life. As most of the work we do is connected to the internet, it’s tough to do the job without Internet. The Internet Problems are not common if you have a good internet service provider, but the Windows Operating System may throw some weird errors like the default gateway is not available.
Such error may pop up even when the Internet connection is working fine, but the small issues with the operating system arise. The Windows is infamous for such annoying errors, but fortunately, there is the solution to every problem. If you are facing the Default Gateway Not available in Windows 10 OS, then here are some of the working methods, that’ll help you fix the issue for good, and you’ll be able to access Internet within few minutes.
How to Fix the Default Gateway is Not Available in Windows 10 Error
The Default Gateway not Available error in Windows 10 is annoying, and we have to take immediate steps to fix this issue. Here are some working methods, that I tried to fix this issue within minutes and regain access to the internet on my computer.
Method 1: Use Netshell Reset Command
The different processes often cause most of the issues related to the Internet on Windows 10 with the TCP/IP. The default gateway is not available error can be fixed within few seconds by resetting the TCP/IP in the computer. Here is how you can fix the issue with Netshell command.
- First of all, open the Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges. To open the Command prompt, Right-click on Start menu and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” and give administrative privileges when asked.
- Now, you have Command Prompt running. Type the following command and press ENTER.
- After you press ENTER, the Windows will reset the TCP/IP, and you are now ready to roll. Just restart the Router and connect to the internet to see the default gateway is not available Windows 10 wifi error vanished.
Method 2: Change Channel Mode
If you are facing the Default Gateway is Not available in Windows 10 Wifi error, then you should try changing the supported channel modes of the Wifi Router. You can do the same from Network properties. Follow the steps mentioned below to Change the Router Channel mode and fix the Default Gateway unavailable error.
- First of all, you have to open the Network and Sharing Center by Right-Clicking on the Wifi icon on the Taskbar.
- In the Network Sharing Center, click on “Change Adapter Settings” in the Left-pane.
- Now, you’ll see the list of Wi-Fi networks you’ve connected over time. Right-click the Network that you are currently connected and Click on “Properties.”
- In the Wi-Fi network properties, click on the “Configure” button and switch to “Advanced” tab.
- Now, from the DropDown Menu in Advanced Tab, select the “802.11n” and Click on “OK.”
This will immediately fix the Default Gateway not available Windows 10 issue. Try connecting to the internet again to check if everything works or not. If it doesn’t connect and the same error pops up in the browser window, then Restart your Computer and test again.
Method 3: Change Power Saving Mode Settings
The power saving mode is added in the Windows 10 laptops for saving battery life and giving maximum uptime. Sometimes, the Power Saving Mode interrupts the necessary power supply to the Wifi adaptor, causing the Default Gateway is not available in Windows 10 error. Here is how you can modify the power saving mode settings to fix this issue.
- Open the Power Options by searching it in the Search Menu.
- In the Power Options, you’ll see available and selected Power Saving profiles. Click on the “Change Plan Settings” option besides your selected Power Saving Plan.
- In the Plan Settings, click on “Change Advanced Power Settings.”
- Now, you’ll see multiple dropdown options available for configuring. But, we have to change the power settings for Wireless Adapters. Scroll down and click on “Wireless Adapter Settings” option.
- Click on the “On Battery” option and change it to the “Maximum Performance” and also do the same for “On Power” option.
- Now, save the settings by clicking on “Apply” button.
After completing the steps mentioned above, you should restart your computer to see the changes.
So, these are some working methods to fix the default gateway is not available in Windows 10 error. Many people are facing this error nowadays due to internal issues with windows services. But, you can follow these methods to fix the problem permanently.
If all of these methods are not working for you, then the main culprit is the McAfee Security Center software. The McAfee Antivirus is infamous to modify the system settings, in this case, causes the Default Gateway is not available error. Uninstalling the McAfee Antivirus program has helped many users who have installed the same antivirus. So, make sure you uninstall the McAfee Antivirus from your computer if you have installed it in the first place before proceeding with the mentioned methods.