The Windows 10 is one of the best-operating systems from the Microsoft that is running on the majority of the computers. The operating system is beautiful, elegant and also full of features. But just like any software, the Windows 10 comes with few issues and errors, that users have to solve otherwise they’ll be annoyed a lot. The Windows 10 black screen with cursor error is one such annoying error that haunts many users.
Many Windows 10 users are facing the Black screen with cursor windows 10 error on their computer. There is nothing they can do unless they refer to the methods shared here. In this post, we are going to share some of the best ways to fix the windows 10 black screen error, which renders you pc useless for some time and you can’t even think of the standard solutions.
What is Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor?
The Black screen on Windows is typical when you are installing the Display Drivers or the Graphics drivers on the computer. The Black Screen is expected to vanish within a few seconds after the installation, but the real issue arises when the black screen sticks for a long time. Also, when you End the “Windows Explorer” process, you may see this black screen with cursor error on screen. If the devices like monitor and graphics card have some conflicts with the Driver software, then you may face this issue before logging in or anytime while using the computer.
How to fix Black Screen Windows 10 Error Permanently?
Fixing this issue should be the first priority of any user who is facing this problem. There is no sense in sending this PC to a technician and waste time. It’s better to follow the methods mentioned in this post and save time and money spent on professional repairing. Here are some effective techniques to permanently fix this issue.
Method 1: Update Windows to Fix the Issue
If you are frequently facing the issue of Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor after login, then you should try to update the Windows. The outdated or the older version of windows might have some bugs which are causing this issue, and you are getting annoyed. Here are the steps to guide you on how to update Windows to the latest version.
- First of all, open the Start Menu and click on “Settings” wrench icon.
- In the Settings, go to “Updates and Recovery” menu.
- Now, click on the “Windows Updates” in the left-pane of options.
- In the Windows updates, click on the “Check for Updates” button to start checking for latest updates.
- If there are any latest updates available for your computers like Security Patches or Bug Fixes, then you should install them right away.
- Restart your PC to complete the installation of Windows updates and then notice if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 2: Windows Safe Mode with Networking
Many users have complained that they are seeing Windows 10 Blank Screen after logging in, but the screen vanishes after a restart. And some users are always viewing the blank screen even after multiple reboots. So, running Windows in Safe Mode with Networking is supposed to fix this problem.
- First of all, press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and then press and hold “Power” button on your computer CPU or the laptop to Force Restart PC in Safe Mode.
- In the Safe Mode, navigate to “Troubleshoot >Advanced options >Windows Startup Settings >Restart.”
- After a Restart, you’ll see the Startup Options. Press “F5” key on your keyboard to choose the “Enable Safe Mode with Networking” option. After selecting this option, your PC will boot in the Safe Mode.
- Once Booted in the Safe Mode, open the RUN Menu by pressing “Windows + R” Key combination, type “msconfig” and press ENTER.
- In the MSCONFIG, click on “Selective Startup” and uncheck the “Load Startup Items” and move to the “Services” Tab.
- In the Services tab, click on “Hide All Microsoft Services” and then Disable all of the selected Services and press “OK” to save the changes and shift to the “Startup” tab.
- In Startup Tab, select all of the Startup Services. Click on “Open Task Manager” and Disable all the services one-by-one from the Task manager.
That’s it! You now have fixed the Windows 10 black screen error with cursor. If the issue still persists, please check out other methods.
Also Read: How to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage
Method 3: Clean Install Windows
Above mentioned methods are not working for you? Then you should immediately find your Windows Installation Media and start Clean Install. Before clean install on the C:/ drive, make sure you have taken a backup of all the stored data. If some severe system files are corrupted to its core, then you should always follow the Clean Installation of Windows method.
Just plug in the USB Installation Media of Windows 10 and follow on-screen procedures to complete the installation process. As the best methods are not working for you, then you should follow this method as a last resort.
There is nothing more frustrating than Windows 10 black screen with cursor on your monitor. You can see that your system is running, but still, you cannot do anything because of the Black Screen. If you are willing to fix this issue by yourselves, then you should follow any of the working methods that We’ve shared here. If any of these methods are not working [ I Highly Doubt So ], then check if there are any hardware issues like the Graphics Card issues or the motherboard issues.